Muse is a British rock band formed in 1994. The band is originally from Teignmouth, Devon. The components of the band are three school friends. Matthew Bellamy is the main singer but he also plays lead guitar, piano, keyboards, and keytar. Christopher Wholstenholme plays bass, keyboards, rhythm guitar, and harmonic. Chris also does vocals. Dominic Howard is the drummer and percussionist. They recorded a total of six albums.
Origin of Symmetry (2001)
Black Holes and Revelations (2006)
The Resistance (2009)
The 2nd Law (2012).
Christopher (Bass). Matthew (Singer). Dominic (Drummer).
Why do I find them so fascinating?
First of all, they came to my ears in 2008 because a friend. People use to listen what their friends say so I did that too. Another day the rock band came to my mind and I started to appreciate its music. I used to listen to them with my two best friends and the feeling was awesome. When we realized they were coming to Spain we were looking forward to attend one of their concerts. Eventually, we went to the concert in Madrid where they recorded an official music video of the song “Resistance”. That concert meant for me everything; it was amazing they didn’t forget any detail in their performance: stage, lightening, opening… The sound was spectacular, they met all my expectations. Generally, if you like rock music you will like them, but in other case you would like some album of them because of their style. Their music is very creative; they innovate in every new album, their fans can’t expect what they are working on. I suggest you to listen to them some time, why not now? Here you have access to the song “Resistance” from their album with the same title “The Resistance”.
If I could ask them something, this will be my list of questions:
1. What were your inspirations in your first songs like “Overdue”, “Cave”, and “Escape”?
2. Your music is changing in every new album you create, how did you decide that change in your style?
3. Which expectations did you have about your new album “The 2nd Law”? Are you satisfied with the results?
4. Do you have any preference choosing a place for your performances? Which city where you have never performed would you really like to go?
5. In your European tour in 2009, you recorded the official videoclip of “The Resistance” in Madrid. Would you say why that concert specifically? Why it wasn’t in London, for example?
6. Do you have a great memory of your first performance? Among all of your tour dates, do you have a great memory of some concert? Which one?
7. In your beginning, had you ever thought that your music could revolutionize the masses?
8. Muse is always performing in live, how did you feel when you had to do playback in the Italian show “Quelli che il calcio”? Who had the idea of switching places in the performance?
9. About the show European Music Awards, Muse was nominated for “Best Live” and “Best Rock”. All your fans were expecting Muse to win at least “Best Live”, they were very disappointed with the results, how was it for you? Which expectations did you have?
10. Your name as a music band is Muse. Would you like to explain why that choice? Was so hard for you find a name?
Here, my favorite song from Muse, “Starlight“.